It's that time again! Put on your draft caps, make some predictions, guess right, and win a Timberwolves Prize Pack for your efforts.
All you have to do is predict the top 14 selections in the NBA draft. The winner will recieve a Timberwolves prize pack, chock full of surprises and goodies. What will be in the pack? Could it be a t-shirt? A bumper sticker? A shoelace from one of David Kahn's suede shoes? A Wes Johnson bobblehead? Only one person will find out.
A special thanks to the Wolves front office for the donation, and do remember to head on over to Timberwolves.com for ticket options for next year. From personal experience, I can say electing to buy season tickets since Rubio arrived has been a solid investment and, above all, was a great way to make winter in Minnesota pass quicker. While last season was disappointing, some of the times had at Target Center over the years remain excellent. Give it a shot, you will not regret it.
Onward to the contest:
- ONE entry per person. Up to one revision may be accepted on a case by case basis. But please, try hard to submit your final picks the first time.
- Only predictions of the lottery (picks 1-14) are needed. See entry form below.
- All entries must answer the two tie-breaker questions.
- Incomplete entries will not be considered.
- The person with the highest score wins (duh).
- Absolute deadline for entry is 11:59pm Central Time on Wednesday, June 26th. This is the night prior to the draft. Entries recieved midnight or later will not be considered.
- Tie-Breaker questions will only be relied upon in the event of a tie. Obviously if there is still a tie with the first question, we will use the 2nd tie breaker question. If there is still a tie, we will assume you are cheating and I will get the prize pack. Just kidding, if that happens we will have to think of some other way to handle it.
Scoring will be done in "tiers" with the following point values associated with them:
- Picks 1-5 will be worth: 10 points per correct answer in this range
- Picks 6-10 will be worth: 20 points per correct answer in this range
- Picks 11-14 will be worth 30 point per correct answer in this range
- Accurately predicing the Wolves pick will net you 40 bonus points
So, the later picks are what net you the most points given they are harder to predict.
There are also two tiebreaker questions below that need to be answered which are each worth, well since they will only be used in the event of a tie, let's make them each worth 100,000,000 points.
Important Note: Only the actual position each player is picked will be considered in scoring, NOT the team he ends up with. So, for example, if Flip selects Trevor Mbakwe at #9 and then trades him to Miami for Cash Considerations and the rights to swap 2nd round picks in 2028, you receive 20 (plus 40 bonus) points for picking Mbawke at #9 regardless of whether he was traded to Miami. Make sense?
How to Play:
Here is the entry form:
- Your Name:
- TwolvesBlog Username: (if you have one. Forum name not required for entry, but this is a great opportunity to get started in our forum)
1. (Player name)
1. From now until the completion of the draft, how many first round picks of this years' draft will be traded?
2. Where will Trevor Mbawke be drafted (pick # only)?
Scoring may take a while. We should have the results the first week in July.
And we want as many people joining in on this as possible, even if you aren't overly familiar with who is in the draft pool. If you need some ideas, take a look at the helpful links below to do a little research on this years' class.
And as ALWAYS, be sure to check out stellar deals for tickets on www.timberwolves.com. A special thank you to them for the giveaway for this contest.