Wolves take on the Blazers tonight. After routing them last Saturday, Portland will be out for blood. This game is a must-win for a few reasons:
1. A wolves win combined with a Houston loss tonight will push then into 8th place in the west. (Remember, hate Houston and Portland for the next 6-8 weeks).
2. A win will widen the gap between the Wolves and the Utah/Portlands nipping at our feet.
3. A win means Kahn might not trade Ridnour for Jamal Crawford. How do we feel about this rumor, by the way? Discuss.
4. Tough schedule coming up with a crazy 2-week road trip where we play 9 of 11 on the road. Take advantage of the home stand, and an easier opponent. Lakers are going to be tough Friday.
5. Need to move towards owning the tie-breaker with the Blazers. Doing so could be crucial down the line.
Discuss the game below.
@roundhouse He did have a 29 pt game last year against the Lakers and a 24 pt game where he was 6/8 from 3. http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301227016But yeah this is definitely one of his better games.
@Wolfenstein Meh, I remember watching that Lakers game. They were going through the motions the whole game and Wes just happened to be hot and trying to prove himself to Kobe. Even Damien Wilkins had a 40+ point game in his career.
Tonight Wes is playing like he should be. Doing a lot of things and being aggressive.
@roundhouse Don't mean to nitpick. Bad habit.
@roundhouse Yeah no lie. The Hornets game I linked to was actually a win though and Wes was 8-12 with 6 3s... Tonight is definitely a VERY good game in a much more meaningful situation.
@Pants80 Wes is playing like he should given his abilities. Not that he should shoot this well every game, but crashing boards and running to the rim... no reason he can't contribute every game.
@Pants80 But there is nothing that he has done that has shown that he will play this well every game. He maddens me.
One thing that is for sure is that we should expect lots of mistakes from Williams as he tries to expand his repertoire.
Did you guys see when Wes made that shot off the dribble? That blew my mind. He must have eaten his Wheaties this morning.
I also concur with your above analysis. This is definitely a MUST WIN game. Portland isn't that great, and these are the teams we absolutely must win if we want any chance at the playoffs. And they are in our division, to boot. C'mon guys....
Online game feed for anyone that can't watch on TV: http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/111849/1/watch-minnesota-timberwolves-vs-portland-trailblazers.html